Skip to main content

Celebrating my dad on this Fathers' day

      In case you don't know, Fathers' day is celebrated on every third Sunday of June in this part of the world though I just learnt that today too. Fathers' day is not as common as Mothers' day if you observe and that is often attributed to the parental bond being stronger between the mother and the children than with the Father. or who do you love more , your mum or your dad? some dad can be too harsh, too busy to give attention to their children, u know? smiles ... do you think it's worth celebrating such dads?
    First of all, who is a Father? A father is a man matured enough not just to produce children but to protect and provide for his family. A father is a visioneer, a leader, head and number 1 in the family. He is a representative of the Godhead in the family, he must be strong enough for his wife to lean on and be wise enough to earn the trust of his children. this definition is not exhaustive though but this is not supposed to be a thesis on who a father is. The reason why I want to share this with you is so that you might also celebrate your dad whether he falls short of your expectation of who a dad is or not.
    Let me talk a bit about my dad; he is Samuel Akuruyejo by name, in his late 50's. he is a petty trader and a roadside vulcaniser, a Deacon, husband of one wife, he is slow in making decision and do not change them easily, though very hardworking but his stream of income made it difficult to provide for our every needs(I have 3 siblings). He falls short of my definition of a dad for in search for money and attempt to provide for us, he failed to establish a personal relationship with us, I can count how many times my dad and I sat down and gisted or talked thereby leading to me making almost all the decisions I have made in life till now by myself, we all grew up not to really like him(for my siblings feel the same way) such that we often thought that he is just there to pay our bills but we have been wrong all along.
   Can I tell you, that no matter who your dad is or what roles he has played in your life, God deliberately chose him as your dad, that he is your dad is not arbitrary, it's for a purpose, he was custom-designed with God's plan in mind and your parents are the ones God Himself  chose for you. My dad's kin d of person afforded me the kind of training God would have me undergo, I would not have become who I am today, had I have a different parent so know for sure  that in every adversity, lies a seed of equivalent advantage. Today, I look back and thank God for giving me such a dad for it was God's plan all along. I therefore dedicate the following lines to him;
"Dad, you may not be the best in the world, but you are the best for me for you are all i have got. You have taught me several lessons by words and deeds, lessons in which by applying them, have made me become amiable amidst my colleagues.
     many times, we have argued and fought over little things, most of the time over money, how foolish I was to think you do not care for whatever actions you displayed, your intentions to me were always pure and that of a loving father.
    I have grown only to realise that you being my father and I being your first son was never an accident. you are a proper parent for you have raised a proper child.
     I do not know how many of those nights you cried to bed when it looked like I wouldnt live only for me to grasp life and began to demand more than you can give, I do hope that nights in which you'd go to bed smiling cos I live shall be more.     
      Dad, i love you and appreciate you for your existence has been a blessing. Thanks for being there"
I have called and appreciated him, Eulogy is useless when they are dead, appreciate your parents esp your dad now that he is alive.
Thanks for reading along, do post your comments. see u again

Comments

  1. Hmmmm! You've gat stories to tell sir. God bless your experiences.
    Happy Father's day to our fathers. God bless them for us

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

My First Mother's Day Celebration

        So, I got to church today (Foursquare Gospel Church, aba Ibeji, Ibadan) and discovered today is Mothers' day. the church attached much importance to the celebration that the whole service was dedicated to the mothers, I almost got fed up during the sunday school when the whole teaching was about motherhood but as the service went on, I couldn't but realize how insensitive I have been to the lesson the church was teaching by dedicating a whole service to celebrate mothers. I have never celebrated one before, besides, many mothers' day celebration comes up during the year which leaves one in awe the exact day of the celebration but the question is; Is mothers' day worth the celebration?        Anyways, let me introduce to you my mum. my mum was born into a muslim, polygamous background, deserted by her 'jayejaye' mother, she couldn't get educated as she has to be brought up by her step-sister who felt cos she, herself didnt go to school, my mum should
WHY GIANTS CRAWL ON CAMPUS (HOW FORMER SENIOR PREFECTS BECOME STRUGGLING STUDENTS IN HIGHER INSTITUTIONS) by Olorunfemi Akuruyejo 1.       .   Lack of interest in their course of study : while this may not be applicable to some students, it is however the major cause of failure for many as many that applied for courses like Medicine, Law and top Engineering courses found themselves in other departments they did not choose. Many accepted the course with the aim of crossing to the department of their choice (which does not work all the time). Can I advise you to embrace what you have at hand for a bird at hand is better than ten in the bush. While I would not advise you to settle for mediocrity, I would also want to be sure that the reason why you want to study your ‘choiced’ course is worth it. Do not pursue a course because; -your parents want you to or you want to please others. Many parents want their children to fulfil their unfulfilled dreams; if the course is not your pa